Love
There was a story about love from two ancient philosophers, Aristoteles and his teacher, Socrates. One day, Aristoteles came to Socrates and asked him directly “Teacher, could you tell me what is the meaning of love and how to get it?”, and then Socrates replied, “If you want to know what is love and want to get that thing, please go to wheat field and find the most beautiful wheat there, and if you can find it, means that you have found love. But, you can only do this with one condition, never look back, no matter what happen.
And then, Aristoteles went to the field of wheat and was trying to find the most beautiful wheat. Eventually, he found it, the beautiful one, the shiny and ripe wheat. When he wanted to pick the wheat, suddenly he thought that maybe, if he takes his time more patiently and go farther ahead the field, he would find the one that more beautiful than he already found. In the end, he decided to not pick that beautiful wheat and continue his journey by exploring the field. Time goes by, and unfortunately, he was already at the end of the field with nothing on his hand. When he tried to go back to find the first shiny and ripe wheat, words from Socrates suddenly came to his mind about to never look back. And finally, he came back to Socrates without getting anything from his journey.
When he met his teacher, Socrates then asked Aristoteles, “Have you found it? The wheat that you were looking for?”, and Aristoteles replied, “No, I have not”. “Why?! There are tons of wheat there” Socrates confused. “Honestly, I have found the wheat that you told me, the most beautiful wheat in the field. I was just trying to pick it, but suddenly something came to my mind and tell me to explore more the field, in order that maybe I would find few, which more beautiful than that one. I did it, and I found nothing. But when I remembered there is a rule to never look back, then I finished my journey without picking any of wheat there.”. When Socrates heard it, suddenly he smiled and said “That is love, human always try to find the more beautiful than he already found, or even has, without considering that actually, there is love in front of them. They always think that they have time to find their love, but forget to mention that their time is so limited. So son, love is everywhere, and the definition of love is so subjective, maybe something you called love is not the same as mine. So find yours, your love, by not expecting something that high from everything and never try to find it until you are in the edge of the world. Love is right here, in front of you, but in order to feel it, you have to open your heart first.”
Comments
Post a Comment