Did We Already Act Wisely in Every Single Action We Made?


Have you ever wondered about how big the impact in every action we do to others? Even in a single little act that sometimes we less care about? So this short story is the output of my thought lately when I accidentally see people down there from floor 15 in my office. This thought began when I start doing my internship in this June 2018 at one of the government office in Jakarta. When I arrived at the office, I instantly amazed with my office because there are a lot of big windows that decorate the room. And in the first day of my internship, I spent a lot of time to look at the window and see the view. From there, I can easily see anything on the ground which my eyes can afford, such as cars, people, buildings, and also the sky. At that moment, I was suddenly thinking that if I kidnap one or few of these people that were walking down there, I thought no one people in my floor were going to care or even notice. Because in their view, there were a lot of people on the outside of the window. And just a few people disappeared in the middle another hundreds or even thousands? It would be nothing and everything was just fine, at all.


Then, I use the same analogy as when we see the nest of the ant. I think most of the people in this world ever had to try at least once to kill an ant there and feeling no guilt at all. Why? Because there were a lot of ants there. One ant's life is meaningless if we compare to whole ant troops inside the nest. And at that time, everything was super fine. But if we look closer in deeper view, maybe there were other ants that would be terribly sad if I kidnap or kill an ant there, maybe its children, parents, or even its friends. I perhaps did not know the impact because I did not look closer and did not have a deep consideration when did such thing. This analogy can be related to the thing that I imaginely did on the people that were walking on the street. If I kidnap people down there, I may do not feel the same as their children, couple, friends or parents feel when they are gone, even though the action is can be done without even use my brain. Because like the case on the ant nest, one or few people that I kidnap are meaningless than all of the people that I saw from the window.


And this case often happens in our daily basis. We easily do a bad thing without feeling sinful at all, while in fact, maybe people somewhere in this world is grieving. This case does not only happen in a bad side, but also in a positive one. When we do a very little thing which for ourselves is meaningless, it does not also make it meaningless for others, moreover, it might be a very big helpful act to them. So, I think, people should have used their brain before doing everything. Literally everything. Because we do not know the impact of such those actions to people around us. And indeed, a little act absolutely has big multiplier either it is bad or good for ourselves and for everyone.

Comments